At Certus, we are scrupulous about our ethics and integrity, and we expect our certified professionals to be so too. Therefore, as part of our certification process, we require our applicants for certification and recertification to agree to our code of conduct. Failure to adhere to this code of conduct may result in the suspension or withdrawal of your certification.
- I will act ethically, professionally, accurately, and in an unbiased manner with proper regard to professional standards.
- I will maintain competency in my respective field(s) and strive to improve my professional skills through continuing professional development and work experience.
- I will not accept any assignments that I am not competent to perform.
- I will not represent conflicting or competing interests and will disclose any relationships to any client or employer that may influence my judgment.
- I will not discuss or disclose any information relating to any assignment unless required by law or authorized in writing by the client and/or my employing organization.
- I will not accept any inducement, commission, gift, or any other benefit from client organizations, their employees, or any interested party, or knowingly allow colleagues to do so.
- I will not intentionally communicate false or misleading information that may compromise the integrity of any assignment, the personnel certification process, or Certus.
- I will respect the intellectual property and contributions of others.
- I will comply with all laws and regulations of the jurisdictions where I conduct professional activities.
- I will comply with any Certus certification, procedures, and technical advisories that are relevant to my profession or certification.
- I will comply with industry-specific standards, including international standards that are relevant to my profession or certification.
- I will not act in any way that would prejudice the reputation of Certus or the personnel certification process and will cooperate fully with and enquiry in the event of any alleged breach of this code.
- I will submit myself to this code of conduct and the Certus complaints and appeals process.
- I understand that any breach of this code of conduct may lead to warnings, suspensions, or withdrawal of certification, in accordance with Certus’s procedures.
Should an issue arise around any of the elements in our code of conduct and a certified professional, Certus will launch an investigation of the incident per our complaints and appeals procedure.