The Certus Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) auditor certification provides the rigor and validity to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and competence to a global audience at a low price with no hassles and no extra fees. Just pay a low application fee and a low annual certification fee. No exam fees, no behavioral assessments. Plus, you can save up to 30% more with our multiple certification discount and senior discounts.
The Certus ITSMS auditor certification program is designed for auditors who conduct ITSMS audits based on the ISO 20000-1:2018 standard.
This certification is designed for:
- ITSMS auditors, such as those employed by third-party certification bodies/registrars or by purchasing organizations (second-party auditors)
- Information technology service management practitioners, such as information technology management consultants, information technology managers, and third-party certification managers
- Employees conducting information technology service management system audits within their own organizations (internal audits)
GRADES AVAILABLE FOR THE ISMS AUDITOR CERTIFICATION
A grade is a specific level within a personnel certification program that best describes the job role for that certification program. Available grades for the Certus ITSMS auditor certification are:
- Provisional Auditor: This grade is for people who have completed an auditor training course but have not yet met the auditor grade requirements. You may maintain provisional auditor certification for up to two years. After which, you must transition to a higher grade to maintain your certification. This is a good way to begin your auditing career as it gives you formal recognition of your training and knowledge.
- Auditor: For those who audit solo or as a member of an audit team.
- Lead Auditor: For those who lead audits and audit teams.
- Master Auditor: For experienced auditors with at least ten years of lead auditor experience. This grade is for senior audit professionals with an extensive history of conducting audits, but who may no longer lead teams or audit regularly. Master auditors may move into training, consulting, or management roles.
All applicants for all grades are required to submit evidence of the successful completion of a management system-based auditor or lead auditor training course (e.g., ISO 20000-1 lead auditor course).
The course must be a minimum of 16 hours for auditors and 32 hours for lead auditors.
Certus does not provide training.
All applicants for all grades are required to successfully pass the Certus ITSMS auditor/lead auditor exam prior to certification. This will be administered online as part of your certification application.
Applicants must submit all required documents and successfully complete the knowledge exam within 60 days of submitting their application. Applications that are not completed within 60 days will be withdrawn. No refund of the application fee will be made. Applicants will have to re-apply and pay the respective application fee.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
The following professional experience is required:
- Provisional Auditor: None
- Auditor: At least two years’ work experience, with at least one year of work experience in information security/information technology management.*
- Lead Auditor: At least five years’ work experience, with at least two years of work experience in information security/information technology management.*
- Master Auditor: At least ten years’ work experience, with at least ten years’ audit experience at a lead auditor grade.
*Work experience in information security/information technology management may have been gained through one or a combination of the following: information security/information technology service management system implementation or maintenance or having worked in an information security/information technology management role either as part of the organization or as a consultant.
AUDIT EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
All applicants for all grades except provisional auditor are required to demonstrate the following audit experience:
- Provisional Auditor: None
- Auditor: You must have successfully completed a minimum of three information technology service management system audits, amounting to a minimum of six days in total.
- Lead Auditor: You must have successfully completed a minimum of three full information technology service management system audits as leader of an audit team, amounting to a minimum of nine days in total.
- Master Auditor: A minimum of ten years as a lead auditor.
Audits must have been completed within ten years of the date of application.
We’re so proud of our low-cost approach to certification that we put our prices front and center:
- Application Fee—All Grades (nonrefundable): $99
- Provisional Auditor Grade Certification Fee (Per Year): $149
- Auditor Grade Certification Fee (Per Year): $249
- Lead Auditor Grade Certification Fee (Per Year): $299
- Master Auditor Grade Certification Fee (Per Year): $299
Plus, you can save even more with our multiple certification and senior discounts.
Regional discounts (e.g., Latin America) will automatically be applied at checkout.
Documents available for download for this scheme include:
Transfer to Certus!
You may transition your management system auditor certification to Certus at NO CHARGE if your current certification was issued by one of the bodies listed below:
- Exemplar Global
- International Register of Certified Auditors (CQI-IRCA)
- Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB)
We will grant you Certus certification at no charge at the same scheme and grade as your current certification. Your Certus certification will have the same expiration date as your current certification with your current personnel certification body for up to 12 months. For example, if your current certification is due to expire in 6 months, your Certus certification will have the same expiration date.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
You must provide evidence of current certification in the form of a current certificate or official letter from the authorizing body. Invoices and receipts will not be accepted as proof of certification. The certification granted will reflect the scheme and grade shown on your current certificate.
You must still meet the requirements for the certification(s) you select, which for most grades includes evidence of work experience, audit experience, and training. You must also pass the Certus knowledge examination for your selected scheme and grade. There is no fee for the exam. Please review the requirements for the specific scheme and grade you select prior to applying.
Additional requirements and fees may be applicable if you apply for a higher grade of certification.
HOW TO TRANSITION TO CERTUS?
- Choose the same scheme and grade as your current certification with your current certification body.
- Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Register your details.
- Apply for the certification(s) of your choice. You may apply for as many certifications as you like. Remember, that we will only grant free certification if you have evidence of your current certified status.
- Enter the discount code CERTIFIED when you reach the payment screen. You will need to enter your payment information. No payment will be charged. However, we will automatically charge you for your next year’s certification upon the expiration of your current certification.
- Provide the required evidence for the scheme and grade selected.
- Take and pass the Certus exam relevant to your scheme and grade.
That’s it! Please call or email us with questions.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
Our FREE certification offer gives you the opportunity to see how Certus works and allows you to hold dual auditor certification until you decide which certification is best for you.