Certus Professional Certification Inc. has a documented process to receive, evaluate, and make decisions on complaints. This procedure is outlined below.
Our complaints and appeals procedure have been designed to treat all parties fairly and equitably and are designed to ensure that all complaints are handled and processed in a constructive, impartial, and timely manner.
How to Submit a Complaint or Appeal
All complaints and appeals must be submitted in writing. Please email your detailed complaint or appeals to [email protected]. Complaints and appeals must include the following information:
- Name of the person submitting the complaint with email and phone number
- Detailed description of the complaint or appeal with supporting documentation, if possible.
- A proposed resolution to the complaint or appeal
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint or appeal within five business days. Our response will include a decision as to whether the complaint or appeal relates to our certification activities and whether we will pursue investigation of the complaint or appeal.
If we decide that the complaint or appeal does not relate to our certification activities, your complaint or appeal will be denied, and no further action will be taken.
If we decide that the complaint or appeal does relate to our certification activities, your complaint or appeal will be entered into a database and are validated and investigated internally by a staff member who was not a part of the certification decision or an outside appeals board member.
We will respond with a decision regarding your complaint or appeal within 30 business days.
Our response will include:
- A decision regarding your complaint or appeal
- Actions taken in response to your complaint or appeal, including corrections and/or corrective actions.
- A definitive statement as to the closing of the complaint or appeal.
If we receive a substantiated complaint about a Certus certified person, we shall refer that complaint to the certified person in question at an appropriate time.
All complaints and appeals shall be treated confidentiality, as it relates to the complainant and to the subject of the complaint.
Terms and Definitions
- Complaint: expression of dissatisfaction, other than appeal (3.19), by any individual or organization to a certification body, relating to the activities of that body or a certified person, where a response is expected
- Appeal: request by applicant (3.13), candidate (3.14) or certified person for reconsideration of any decision made by the certification body related to her/his desired certification status
- ISO/IEC 17024:2012, section 3, Terms and Definitions
- ISO/IEC 17024:2012, section 9, Appeals and Complaints